B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[DC Talk] Songs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male
Number of posts : 4861
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Character sheet
Health:
[DC Talk] Songs Left_bar_bleue1/1[DC Talk] Songs Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name: Valentine
Race: Demon

[DC Talk] Songs Empty
PostSubject: [DC Talk] Songs   [DC Talk] Songs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:53 am

DC Talk is a Christian music trio, according to Wikipedia. I just listened to Jesus Freak, and of course, having the lovely feature of youtube, I clicked on other songs that they have done. It was originally about the first song I heard, but now, I found another song I wanted to comment on ^__^

You can look up the lyrics yourself... this song really got me thinking. It makes me ponder, why do people have to die for what they believe in, why do they have to die for doing what they want to do? The people who got a label stamped on their forehead, why do they have to die?

KKK hating on Black/African American; killing many innocent who was just taking a walk like everyone else. Holocaust with the Jews, they were just being who they were. Gay, this ones goes deeper than one incident/time period. All these, they were just a race/group hating on one race/group. I understand that people hate what is different from them, while some embraces the difference... yet, what does that difference have to do with them? Does allowing gay marriage or allowing the gay people roam free suddenly make it an airborne disease? Will eliminating Blacks make the world more "pure"? Did killing the Jews solved poverty and whatever else was the 'reason' behind the concentration camps? Well, I guess, taking the Jews' resources would help a bit...... they were loaded back then.

There's also the Japanese during Pearl Harbor in World War II; at least they had decent treatments, a bit better off than the Jews. I don't get why... are we born with this hatred? Or, is it that endless cycle of stereotype? Labeled people/group deciding to take the path people expect them to take?

Oh look, an Asian, must be a horrible driver! ;O (Wellll, okay, I am a horrible driver, I sped through the highway at around 85-90 mph because I was late for work... called everyone who went slower than the speed limit a faggot for being in my way.) Oh look, a Mexican, must have jumped over the fence to get here! Oh look, a Black, must love watermelon and chicken! (... I have yet to be proven wrong on these, but I'm still looking for a Black who does dislike one of those items. They must be out there, somewhere!! ;O) Oh look, a red-neck, must have just finished fucking one of the immediate family member! Oh look, Irish, drunk. Swedish, I dunno... I'm running out of stereotypical insults. I apologized if anyone got offended in the process of my listing (the only one I'm really sorry for is the red-neck one... that was pretty horrible of me), but we all know there are worse ones out there that I have not touched upon. It's an ugly truth. If you went crying to your mother because this mean lady said you were a horrible driver, grow the fuck up ;D
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/art-f3/lcd-production-t1724
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male
Number of posts : 4861
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Character sheet
Health:
[DC Talk] Songs Left_bar_bleue1/1[DC Talk] Songs Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name: Valentine
Race: Demon

[DC Talk] Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DC Talk] Songs   [DC Talk] Songs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 am

This got me thinking about how humans will always fight society, authorities, and anything else that tries to oppresses them. I can't tell if I should be proud of us, or hate us for the way we are. We like to oppose, we like to fight against the current of the waves; I wonder if that shall be mankind's downfall.

Btw, not sure what the song lyrics mean, but I didn't really listen to it. I got distracted by the music video.
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/art-f3/lcd-production-t1724

[DC Talk] Songs
Page 1 of 1