B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things you should know about the Other section

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frusciante
Admin
Admin
Frusciante

Male
Number of posts : 4553
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
Things you should know about the Other section Left_bar_bleue100/100Things you should know about the Other section Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: Blaze
Race: Human

Things you should know about the Other section Empty
PostSubject: Things you should know about the Other section   Things you should know about the Other section Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:04 pm

Although this section may be labeled as a place where you can post anything that doesn't fit, here's some guidelines as to what shouldn't be posted here. If you're too lazy to read, just look at the bolded words.

Some topic no-nos:
- "I'm leaving" topics or "I'm back" topics. You can easily send a mass pm to the people who you think will care of your disappearence. Cause contrary to your beliefs, no one could care less if you're leaving. As for returning topics, I think people can see that you're back when you start posting in topics again.

- Gender specification topics. The classic forum question of "who's a girl" has been asked countless times ever since the dawn of the internet. Look guys, you're not going to score on a forum. Just face it. So quit asking everyone's gender, cause you might fall for a trap if you know what I mean.

- Stat whore topics. Things like "Click to increase my minicity" or "feed my pokemon" have been posted way too much. Put the link in your sig. Don't make a topic about it.

Topics you should avoid creating:
- "Join my forum!" topics are ill-advised. You may get three or so regular users, but you'll usually get the reply of "RAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAIDRAID". Followed by a spam attack on your forum. So please, don't stick your site out for punishment, just put it in your sig or have it as your websitte in the user control panel. If you do advertise your forum, make sure it has content (like a website to go with it)! If drawing is your specialty then make it an art forum. Generic forums usually don't stand on their own.

If anyone has any suggestions for anymore types of topics, feel free to suggest.
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com

Things you should know about the Other section
Page 1 of 1