B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]

Go down 
+2
Asakura
Tiduseya
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Left_bar_bleue0/0Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:
Race: Human

Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Empty
PostSubject: Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]   Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 am

A few of you may understand my frustration, a few of you might not, and a few of you might just tell me to get over it. Either way, I want to know why people Edgehog? It's a infuriating maneuver......I can't stand going against someone who is of equal skill level with me, and yet I lose every match because they can't kill me with their own ability. Instead they use a Toon Link's Down Smash on Yoshi's Story to beat me. My view on Edgehogging is simply this; if you are better than someone, why do it? If you aren't, then get better! I usually allow my opponent to recover, because I like the thrill of defeating them with my own skill. So I would just like someone to give me a detailed explanation why Edgehogging is used, but don't say it's for Tournaments.....that's even stupider, the same question comes up. If you're better, then you shouldn't have to use it. But if you're not then you just need to get better for the next Tournament. This is all opinion, I know....I'm just tired of not being able to defeat someone because I can't reach out to grab a freaking ledge that's already got someones invincible grubby hands all over it.

Last edited by Tiduseya on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]   Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:34 am

aEgfwegfaeawegerg

aim for the stage.
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male
Number of posts : 4861
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Character sheet
Health:
Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Left_bar_bleue1/1Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name: Valentine
Race: Demon

PostSubject: Re: Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]   Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:23 am

Does this edge-hogging include waiting for your opponents to get to a certain percentage by fighting each other out, sneaking in, and zapping them with Pikachu's spark to send them flying because they are around 160-200%?

*Guilty; totally and utterly guilty*
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/art-f3/lcd-production-t1724
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male
Number of posts : 3500
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Character sheet
Health:
Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Left_bar_bleue100/100Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: 卍卐
Race: Other

PostSubject: Re: Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]   Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Easy kill.

But I agree with you Tid, it's pointless.
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Left_bar_bleue0/0Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]   Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:33 pm

Nah Chii, Edgehogging is grabbing the ledge before your opponent can recover so they end up falling to their death.
Back to top Go down
romarthx2
Members
Members
romarthx2

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]   Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 pm

I agree. I edgehog every once and a while but i do that if i know I'm winning by a large margin. Still i hate it when i lose matches that way >.>
Back to top Go down
Ike
RP Team
RP Team
Ike

Male
Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Character sheet
Health:
Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Left_bar_bleue800/800Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Empty_bar_bleue  (800/800)
Character Name: ike
Race: Other

PostSubject: Re: Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]   Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:24 pm

I can hardly ever get the chance to edge guard, and get obsessively mad when someone uses it on me...
Back to top Go down
Ein
Casual
Casual
Ein

Female
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Character sheet
Health:
Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Left_bar_bleue2009/2009Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Empty_bar_bleue  (2009/2009)
Character Name: Ein

PostSubject: Re: Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]   Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Edgehogging is not my style and is completly annoying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]   Edgehogging: Why?  [SSB] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edgehogging: Why? [SSB]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
B.P. Gaming Planet :: Electronics & Entertainment :: Gaming-
Jump to: