B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

< GASP!! > -- < Religion >

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male
Number of posts : 4861
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Character sheet
Health:
< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Left_bar_bleue1/1< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name: Valentine
Race: Demon

< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Empty
PostSubject: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:32 pm

....... okay, we need to get this out of the way because we feel the need to announced it. When titling this topic, it was normally 'The Bible' and while typing that, we had the sudden urge to put 'Bible Black' instead x____X;;

Okay, anyways, let's proceed now.

In this thread, we are not debating which one is better or which version is better or whatever else that may turn into an endless flame war. We are not debating rather the Bible is right or wrong (voicing your opinion is fine, but please watch your words).

This topic's main reason is to understand the Bible and/or a specific religion more, their believes, the different versions of the believes, questioning as to why things are the way they are... why we must marry before jumping into each other pants.

This thread is for open-minded people x___X;;
Keep this thread nice and clean D;
Or I'll have my monkeys key j00.
< GASP!! > -- < Religion > 55-1
You have been warned.
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/art-f3/lcd-production-t1724
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Left_bar_bleue0/0< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Oh Man Chii, this is going to be interesting! But I can't be un-biased in this discussion because of my own preferences on Religion.....
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male

Character sheet
Health:
< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Left_bar_bleue1/1< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Well, share some knowledge ;3

I'm a bit......... um.... "stupid" in this subject.
Ignorance is more like it x___X
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male

Character sheet
Health:
< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Left_bar_bleue0/0< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:31 am

Well, you talked about the basic differences between religous groups preferences, and the idea is simple. Some differences are the method of Worship, others being the denomonation's beliefs on certain things. Like the two plans- Free Will or Predestination; either of which is evident in the Bible, but niether can be confirmed. In Phillipians, it states that "God knew you even before you were in the womb, and the life you were going to lead"
Where as in Genesis, God gives Abraham the choice to sacrifice his son Isaac for his God. It's very confusing and solely based on your own preferences.
Back to top Go down
Frusciante
Admin
Admin
Frusciante

Male
Number of posts : 4553

Character sheet
Health:
< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Left_bar_bleue100/100< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: Blaze

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Asakura wrote:

I'm a bit......... um.... "stupid" in this subject.
Ignorance is more like it x___X
your not the only one......
im catholic and at times i got no idea whats going on:P
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:58 pm

My mother was not religious, but she did follow a few Asian one that fitted her principles. Like she would believe in karma and other Confucianism beliefs, but she doesn't "pray" to the Gods on a regular basics. She would go to the mountains and "pray" whenever she gets the chance and/or it's the right time, but we don't have "our God" in our household.

So, it's a bit confusing and my mother never had time to go to church on Sunday since she works, and was a single-mom, and I'm pretty sure my mom doesn't even believe and/or understands the bible. We're Chinese, her English isn't exactly the best.

Sooooooooo, this brings me the question of: How is it that you're Catholic, but have no idea what's going on? Like, what is it that seems so complicated? Or questioning? What do Catholics have to do?
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Tiduseya wrote:
Like the two plans- Free Will or Predestination; either of which is evident in the Bible, but niether can be confirmed.

In Phillipians, it states that "God knew you even before you were in the womb, and the life you were going to lead"
Where as in Genesis, God gives Abraham the choice to sacrifice his son Isaac for his God. It's very confusing and solely based on your own preferences.
Free Will and wha? o____________________o;;

So lost... already... x__X

And the second one of where "God gives Abraham", what does it mean? Rather, the sentence itself doesn't really make sense, how is the God gave a /mortal?/ a choice to sacrifice /God's or Abraham's/ son for /Abraham's?/ God?

D; Why does religion have to be complicated?! For the love of Ra, the person who made it must have been REALLY bored (j/k).
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Asakura wrote:
Tiduseya wrote:
Like the two plans- Free Will or Predestination; either of which is evident in the Bible, but niether can be confirmed.

In Phillipians, it states that "God knew you even before you were in the womb, and the life you were going to lead"
Free Will and wha? o____________________o;;

So lost... already... x__X

And the second one of where "God gives Abraham", what does it mean? Rather, the sentence itself doesn't really make sense, how is the God gave a /mortal?/ a choice to sacrifice /God's or Abraham's/ son for /Abraham's?/ God?

D; Why does religion have to be complicated?! For the love of Ra, the person who made it must have been REALLY bored (j/k).

Predestination, the idea that all all our days are scheduled by God.

Abraham was a full out believer of God, so he often had conversation (Prayer) with him. At one time God said to him, "Sacrifice your son Isaac to me." This was not very rare to hear because sacrifice was a commonly used means of forgiveness in the Old Testiment, but because this sacrfice was his own son, Abraham was scared to do so. In the end he took Isaac to a hilltop to sacrifice him, and right before it happened, God told him to stop. He had tested his faith, knowing Abraham would question the order given to him. Like I said, religion is confusing......everything has some sort of leap of faith to it.
Back to top Go down
Frusciante
Admin
Admin
Frusciante

Male

Character sheet
Health:
< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Left_bar_bleue100/100< GASP!! > -- < Religion > Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Asakura wrote:
My mother was not religious, but she did follow a few Asian one that fitted her principles. Like she would believe in karma and other Confucianism beliefs, but she doesn't "pray" to the Gods on a regular basics. She would go to the mountains and "pray" whenever she gets the chance and/or it's the right time, but we don't have "our God" in our household.

So, it's a bit confusing and my mother never had time to go to church on Sunday since she works, and was a single-mom, and I'm pretty sure my mom doesn't even believe and/or understands the bible. We're Chinese, her English isn't exactly the best.

Sooooooooo, this brings me the question of: How is it that you're Catholic, but have no idea what's going on? Like, what is it that seems so complicated? Or questioning? What do Catholics have to do?
just go to church nothing much really its just that i go to a spanish church*cause of parents* so i get lost easily,they use these big words i havent learned yet:P
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:23 am

@ Blaze; Big words? o___O" And personally, I find churches and marriage ceremonies very boring. As beautiful as it may sound, the whole effing speech makes me snooze. The only part I liked about my cousin's wedding was the food, the exchange of rings, and the outfits of the bride. Wow, that was a bit out of order, it came out backwards, anyways.

@ Tiduseya; Hm, that's a tough one... a life you spin with your own hands or a life that's already decided for you. I think that's just an excuse for some people, or a humble thought for others. I can't say I believe one over another because I have no clue what to think about it. There's so many strings attached to those two choices x___X.

"Leap of Faith" reminds me of Assassin, an awesome game btw, and excuse the off-topic of that.
Sooooooo, in the end, God was testing Abraham? But why?
He's God, he would KNOW if he's faithful or not... he's GOD!! D;
*Scratches head* SO CONFUSING!! It's like, he has all this power and shit, and yet people are making him do what NORMAL people would do -- testing to see if you're faithful/loyal by making you do a lot of stupid and against the law things... W. T. F?!
Back to top Go down
Frusciante
Admin
Admin
Frusciante

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:17 am

Asakura wrote:
@ Blaze; Big words? o___O" And personally, I find churches and marriage ceremonies very boring. As beautiful as it may sound, the whole effing speech makes me snooze. The only part I liked about my cousin's wedding was the food, the exchange of rings, and the outfits of the bride. Wow, that was a bit out of order, it came out backwards, anyways.
yes lol big words im kinda failing spanish self explantory there.........
and thats another problem there i got lost cause its boring, or i get distracted.
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:34 pm

The Abraham story is one of the most debatable, only because the reasoning can be interpreted in dozens of ways. The translation from old Hebrew to modern English loses alot of meaning.
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:57 pm

o.o" So, even after all these years, they still don't have the exact story?!
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Like I said, it's interpretation and translation.
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:21 am

And people has argued with it, right? :/

So, hasn't anyone argued that it sounds really wrong and perhaps a bit, I dunno, off?!
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:13 pm

People have and will always argue about religion. That's why it's considered a leap of faith because you're willing to jump past all the scepticism.
Back to top Go down
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male
Number of posts : 3500
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: 卍卐
Race: Other

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:33 pm

Really enjoying the debate guys, keep it up!

I'll post my views when I get home. Be prepared for a pretty long one.
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:42 pm

< GASP!! > -- < Religion > AddEmoticons12662 Oooh, we can't wait!!

Don't let us down now. >w< We are expecting at least two paragraphs now!

So, in the end, religion is just about believing what is not there? What is in your heart? What... um... what else? What you think?
We don't know what we're talking about, btw... >________>;;
We got a bit lost there.
Back to top Go down
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:03 pm

Uh, do you want me to add the >w< smilie?

I can do that if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 pm

o__O" What do you mean by add?
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Heavy Confusion wrote:
:whee:

:shocked2: OHMIGAWD!!!

You're the greatest!! <33
*Tackleglomps you*
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:36 pm

Asakura wrote:
< GASP!! > -- < Religion > AddEmoticons12662 Oooh, we can't wait!!

Don't let us down now. >w< We are expecting at least two paragraphs now!

So, in the end, religion is just about believing what is not there? What is in your heart? What... um... what else? What you think?
We don't know what we're talking about, btw... >________>;;
We got a bit lost there.

It's believing in what could or could not be there......and that's the "honest to God" truth.
Back to top Go down
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm

I lol'd at your pun, Tid. Top drawer!

I hate to oppose you on this one Tiduseya, but I take a different stand point.

Of course religion is mainly based on faith of the untangibles and unseen, But it is difficult for many to belive something without hard proof. It's the whole, seeing is believing thing. You can see the computer, and therefore believe it is there, obviously. I'm gonna quote Leonardo Da Vinci, "He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

As far as the bible, Da Vinci says it pretty damn good with, "The Bible did not arrive by fax from heaven…The Bible is the product of man, my dear. Not of God. The Bible did not fall magically from the clouds. Man created it as a historical record of tumultuous times, and it has evolved through countless translations, additions, and revisions. History has never had a definitive version of the book." Of course, whoever was winning the "religion war", could rewrite the bible however they want, making new "truths". The Church was winning, and always has been evidently. They chose to rewrite many things, including Jesus' divinity. The Bible never states that he was married, but remember, Jesus was Jewish. In Jewish culture of Jesus' time, it was extremely bad to not be married but be a Jew.

The Church "changed" history, by writing off his wife as a prostitute. They did this to weaken power that women had, and to exemplify Jesus as a son of God, and not some mortal. Mary Magdalene was meant to carry on the original Church, not Peter. This fueled the Church's desire to stregthen men, and weaken the women.

Every faith in the world is based on fabrication... Every religion describes God through metaphor, allegory, and exaggeration, from the early Egyptians through modern Sunday school... Should we wave a flag and tell the Buddhists that we have proof the Buddha did not come from a lotus blossom? Or that Jesus was not born of a literal virgin birth? Those who truly understand their faiths understand the stories are metaphorical.

"Nothing in Christianity is original. The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25, died was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days. By the way, December 25 is also the birthday or Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Even Christianity's weekly holy day was stolen from the pagans."

Again, I can go even further, but I'm lazy lol.
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:35 pm

All I can say is that I'm proud of you Heavy! Now, I've only been a faithful Christian for three years now, so I don't have the experience to debate against you to the fullest. I welcome opposition, so don't worry about disagreeing with me. I've heard about this information and I can understand it all. The only thing I can say is that people are able to believe whatever they need to, as long as they are brought some form of clarity.
Back to top Go down
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:36 pm

And I'm perfectly fine with people believing what they wish as well.

(Little known secret: I was actually baptized a year and a half ago...)

EDIT: Remembered another quote.

Napoleon once said, "What is history, but a fable agreed upon?" This is a reference to the Church deciding on the "history".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: < GASP!! > -- < Religion >   < GASP!! > -- < Religion > Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

< GASP!! > -- < Religion >
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next