B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]

Go down 
+2
Claus
Asakura
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male
Number of posts : 4861
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Character sheet
Health:
[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Left_bar_bleue1/1[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name: Valentine
Race: Demon

[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Empty
PostSubject: [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]   [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:04 pm

I understand there's a very... Very... VERY fine line between the two.

How would the parent know when it's too much?
How would anyone know when it's too much?
How could the people in Children Service judge?

I grew up with my mom hitting me, but she never "abused" me or over did her disciplining. I understand that not every parent is my mom, some don't know when to stop or when it's enough. It's very hard to judge, but I feel that hitting a child is to make them understand that there are consequences. Grounding them is a way of disciplining, but it doesn't make them fear. I believe that fear shapes someone, may it be for the better or for the worse (everything is a double-edge blade). But, if a child did not have punishment, they would only continue to do whatever their parents do not want them to. Every child is bound to rebel, to do the opposite of what they are told, it's unavoidable. When they are around sixteen, they think they know everything (age not accurate). When they're thirteen, they don't want to be seen with their parents because it's embarrassing.

Standing in my mom's shoes, I knew I would have done the same -- this was realized around mid-eighteen of age. Although, yes, violence is not an answer, but I feel it's a form of answer.

I stand for discipline, while against abuse.
Opinions?
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/art-f3/lcd-production-t1724
Claus
RP Team
RP Team
Claus

Male
Number of posts : 3596
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Left_bar_bleue100/100[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: Claus
Race: Other

PostSubject: Re: [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]   [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:40 pm

I get belted a lot.
Yet, I don't stop doing the bad thing I was doing.
Thus, she stopped.

That's how it should be
Back to top Go down
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male
Number of posts : 3500
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Character sheet
Health:
[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Left_bar_bleue100/100[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: 卍卐

PostSubject: Re: [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]   [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:53 pm

PK Starstorm wrote:
I get belted a lot.
Yet, I don't stop doing the bad thing I was doing.
Thus, she stopped.

That's how it should be

Only if, only if.
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male
Number of posts : 4861
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Character sheet
Health:
[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Left_bar_bleue1/1[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name: Valentine
Race: Demon

PostSubject: Re: [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]   [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Well, problem is... some parents (I was gonna say moms, but I figured that was very untrue, even if I said "most" moms) are unable to control their amounts...

What do you have to say to that? o.O;;
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/art-f3/lcd-production-t1724
Scott
RP Team
RP Team
Scott

Male
Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: Cpl. Scott F. Kilpatrick
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]   [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Mostly threats.
I don't doubt it finally happening, but, I can always go live with my friend Andrew after/before it happens.

To Andrews mom, I'm her 4th son, luls. He lives about an hour away..
Alright now I'm rambling.

Anyway, yeah, there is a line between abuse and discipline. I know many parents who over do it. And every second week one of my friends asks if they can stay at my house for a while.

tl;dr
I can't debate.
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male
Number of posts : 2658

PostSubject: Re: [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]   [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:32 am

:ike:

I can go on for a while with this... *looks at Tiduseya*...

But short and simple...

Your whole... around sixteen they try to rebel, yeah.. about that...

Lets say someone other than me was hit.. anyway..

When they try to "disipline" me.. I can actually turn the tide... recently they removed the heater from my room. the next day they felt bad because they didn't want me to freeze and I said my key phrase that I say more than too often.. "I don't care". But yeah when they disipline me they think it will change me in some way, be it paying more attention in school, showing more respect, etc... but its not changeing anything. And you are right Asakura, at sixteen, I do think sometimes think I know everything compared to them and I think some of their methods are INCREDIBLY stupid, I even see the whole "rebeling" state.

I probably said to much but eh.. I do think disipline is needed, I don't think abuse is nessisary (btw, I've been lucky enough to not be abused, the closest is being slammed against the wall...) and I know, that if I live long enough to get married and get kids, I will disipline them, I will remove stuff from them if they act wrong, but I don't think I'll abuse them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/has30pkk
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male
Number of posts : 924

Character sheet
Health:
[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Left_bar_bleue0/0[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]   [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:36 pm

*Looks back at Golden Ike*

Please continue Comrade....
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male
Number of posts : 2658

PostSubject: Re: [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]   [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Tiduseya wrote:
*Looks back at Golden Ike*

Please continue Comrade....

Hah, your funny. Anyone else have anything to say?

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/has30pkk
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male
Number of posts : 3500
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: 卍卐

PostSubject: Re: [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]   [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:34 pm

Well, for me, Child Abuse led to me living on my own in a way.

Evidently, I'm against Abuse, but I think everyone is...right?

Like the idea Asakura, but it helps when there are actually people who disagree...
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]   [Discipline] -- [Child Abuse] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discipline] -- [Child Abuse]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
B.P. Gaming Planet :: Miscellaneous :: Debates-
Jump to: