B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Manga References

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
Good Manga References Left_bar_bleue0/0Good Manga References Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:
Race: Human

Good Manga References Empty
PostSubject: Good Manga References   Good Manga References Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:46 am

This is a topic for anyone looking for a good manga series to read. All you really need to do is post the Title and if someone asks about it, you can provide an explanation or link to help them. Please do not post obvious series' like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. Because they are already widely known. I'm refering more to series' like Lament of the Lamb or Comic Party, which are amazing, yet short.

-Manga List-

BECK Mongolian Chop Squad

Beyond the Beyond

Bitter Virgin

Comic Party

Honey Mustard

King of Hell

Lament of the Lamb

Red River
Back to top Go down
Sinful Dr. Mario
New
New
Sinful Dr. Mario

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Character sheet
Health:
Good Manga References Left_bar_bleue100/100Good Manga References Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Good Manga References   Good Manga References Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Lament of the Lamb is interesting title. Whats it about?

Manga Recommendations

Gin Tama

Zombie Powder

Hoshin Engi

that's all all I have right now.
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male
Number of posts : 2658

PostSubject: Re: Good Manga References   Good Manga References Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Togari ftw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/has30pkk
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male
Number of posts : 4861
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Character sheet
Health:
Good Manga References Left_bar_bleue1/1Good Manga References Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name: Valentine
Race: Demon

PostSubject: Re: Good Manga References   Good Manga References Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:34 am

Tiduseya wrote:
Bitter Virgin

King of Hell
You just became one of my favorite people! cheers
Ironically though, Bitter Virgin can only be read on OneManga, because it is only released in Japanese and Chinese (Taiwan).

King of Hell is a series that is not known by many, but it has great beautiful artwork by Kim Jae-hwan, who also drew Warcraft (apparently The Sunwell Trilogy).

I would like to recommend the following: Most of CLAMP's series including Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle and xxxholic. The rest has cute plots and art, but I'm not quite sure it's up to all of your tastes. They are very shoujo.

More feminine choices include (because I like shoujo more than anything else): Nana, Sensual Phrase (also known as Kaiken Phrase), Kare First Love, MeruPuri, Wanted (it's by Matsuri Hino, the one who created MeruPuri and Vampire Knight as well), Vampire Knight (that has gotten quite popular over the years), Devil Within, Magical Miracle, Her Majestic Dog, FAKE, Punch, Happy Hustle High, Mugen Spiral, Marmalade Boy, Forbidden Dance, Full Moon (wo sagashite), Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne.

More towards what you guys might like more (XD): Flame of Recca, Legend of Basara, Jing: King of Bandits, Kamui, NOW (Korean artist, I like the characters and semi-plot), Demon Diary, Until Death Do Us Part, Pet Shop of Horror.

Claymore (this one just totally fucked with my head... when the secret was out...)
Berserk (total seinen material -- meaning it's target for older audiences)

If you're into sport: Prince of Tennis (it's about, well, tennis... it gets unrealistic towards the end there, but it's not that bad). I have heard a lot about the basketball one (Slam Dunk), it's an old series and date back at the same time as DragonBall.

Famous ones you may already know/heard of: Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Hellsing.

Teaching: Confidential Confessions (such as sexual harassment, rape, suicide... although it mostly in the female aspect. This is what wiki has to say, "The series contains a collection of plots and characters about the hard-hitting issues that real life teenagers faced during the manga's publication. Each volume tackles such topics as teen prostitution, rape, HIV, stalkers, suicide, and sexual harassment. There are a total of 6 volumes of the series.")

Weird ones: DOLL (by Mitsukazu Mihara -- most of her series seem very deep... I like some of the stories, but I have yet to get volume two because I can't find it. One daughter was treated as a doll when she was actually human).

If you're into clothes being ripped every five pages, try these: Ikki Tousen (also known as Battle Vixen), Battle Club (I believe it's done by the same author of Ikki Tousen - I like the art).

There's actually a lot more, but they are mostly shoujo... so I'll stop with the list before you guys get bored ;P
Not the mention I'm too lazy to move some books around on my bookshelf =w=;;
-Can only see the first row-

I can't believe I actually did some research on some of this D;
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/art-f3/lcd-production-t1724
SCK[NU]
Casual
Casual
SCK[NU]

Male
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Good Manga References   Good Manga References Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:27 am

Well, here's some I have enjoyed:

Deadman Wonderland (Gore warning!)

Zombie Powder

The Pokémon Adventures! BEST MANGA EVUR!

Uncassandra, this ones awesome
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male
Number of posts : 2658

PostSubject: Re: Good Manga References   Good Manga References Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:31 pm

DotHack//G.U.+ Just finished the final volume. The series fills in a few questions not answered in the games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/has30pkk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Manga References   Good Manga References Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Manga References
Page 1 of 1