B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male
Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Empty
PostSubject: Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should   Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:13 am

Some of my favorite games are ones that no one's played. I usually try to introduce people to these games so they get to know what they're missing out on. Of course some games just aren't for some people because they may be a bit different, but I like different stuff.

Game: God Hand - PS2
Type: 3D Beat 'em Up

Imagine a Beat Em Up game with Resident Evil 4's controls. That's basically what God Hand is, but it's more than that. Enemies get stronger or weaker if you're doing good or taking hits, you have an arsenal of special moves that range from devastating like the "Dragon Kick" or "Shaolin Blast" to the comical but useful "Ball Buster", you can dodge, duck, and weave around enemy attacks to lay the smack down with your own fighting style you can make with over 100 different moves, and finish them off by unleashing the God Hand and running really quickly as you attack 2-3 times faster and never get phased by enemy attacks for a few seconds.

It's a fun game, but I admit the challenge and difficulty are quite high. It takes a while to get used to the controls and get used to dodging, and it can get harsh when you encounter enemies that have massive HP and deal tons of damage in only a few shots. Add to that the fact that getting health items is by breaking crates and barrels hoping to get one can make this one tough game. If you can learn how to play it and if you can stomach the tough difficulty curves, then it's a pretty good experience.

My rating: 8.5/10
Recommendation level: 7.5/10 since you may want to know what your getting yourself into first.

That's one. Anyone else have suggestions?
Back to top Go down
SLAP A SAURUS
SLAP A SAURUS

Female
Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Character sheet
Health:
Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Left_bar_bleue100/100Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: Noel
Race: Other

PostSubject: Re: Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should   Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:32 am

My friend has played that game.

Its hard as fuck. ; ~ ;
Back to top Go down
Frusciante
Admin
Admin
Frusciante

Male
Number of posts : 4553
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Left_bar_bleue100/100Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: Blaze
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should   Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Dynasty Warriors
Under-rated hack and slash game
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male
Number of posts : 3059
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should   Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:10 pm

the AI of Dynasty Warriors is... strategically impaired.
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male
Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should   Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Game: Earth Defense Force 2017
Type: 3rd Person Shooter

Once again Japan is under attack. In the 2010 years we discover we aren't alone in the universe, so we create a special task squad to be ready in case the aliens named The Ravagers turn out to be hostile. When it hits 2017, they start releasing giant ants, giant spiders, robots, gunships, and mobile fortresses to exterminate mankind. As the Earth's last line of defense, the EDF must fight to defeat The Ravagers.

Basically, it's a 3rd person shooter with tons of enemies. Giant enemies that can sometimes fill the area your in, 200-300+ weapons ranging from Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, Missile Launchers that home in on enemies, Grenades and Grenade Launchers, and Special weapons like flamethrowers, sentry guns, Assault Rifles that shoot ricocheting bullets, acid guns, and much more.

Your thrown into a mission with enemies all over, and your job is to exterminate all of them. They'll climb buildings and such, but one hit from any explosive and you'll instantly total any building in Tokyo! Level whole city blocks to flatten the battlefield and open a hail of rockets or bullets on the massive hordes and kill them all. Every time you kill one, there's a chance they'll either drop health packs, armor upgrades for more health, or new weapons. The game offers some fun when you blast a baddie in the face with a powerful weapon and watch them go flying and scatter all over the place. It's a bunch of mayhem and destruction.

Now the gameplay can get a little repetitive, and this is where some downsides come in. There are 5 difficulties, and the harder you play on the better weapons the enemies drop. To get decent weapons you have to play on Hard (3/5), and the enemies can deal tons of damage and start with attacks they don't learn until later levels. To get good and great weapons you have to play Hardest and Inferno, and this may cause some frustration since you have to grind for armor to be able to get hit by enemies more than once. It can get repetitive playing the same level over and over until you get good stuff, but sometimes it can feel quite a bit rewarding.

That aside, it's a fun game for people who like to blow lots of things up and like destroying stuff while killing a bunch of enemies. It's got downsides since this is sort of a low budget game, but it's got fun stuff in it with all the different weapons and such.

My rating: 7.5 or 8/10
Recommendation Rating: 7.5 or 8/10 (Mindless fun)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should   Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games People Haven't Played That They Probably Should
Page 1 of 1