B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A World Without Gaming

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male
Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2008-08-19

A World Without Gaming Empty
PostSubject: A World Without Gaming   A World Without Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:32 pm

I think about this every now-and-then. This is also something I would never think of because all I do is play games. Many of you are saying: "Shouldn't this be in the Gaming Section, Mr. I move topics everywhere?" Read on and you'll see its less of a gaming topic and more of a debate.

The following is typed from a Wii, so don't expect much.

A World With Games/Gaming
The modern day, today, is full of gaming enhancements and proof of evolving technology. Many people use games to hang out with friends and kill time, be it in the neighborhood or connecting worldwide. Many games help with education and mind building (Microtype in computer classes if some of you are familiar with that). There are also games ranging from flight similation to Call of Duty, which give our marine/army/navy/etc. force a small idea of the wars we've been fighting. Games/Gaming supply many with jobs and for others, a way to test their technologic skills (such as Cleod's Super Smash Flash and other flash games).

Clearly Gaming/Games help many of us. But their are many prices...

A World Without Gaming
Though we have advanced like crazy (Project Natal, Wii's sensory mechanics, and other), much has turned for the worse. A large portion of gaming/games contribute to obesity/not enough exercise and terrible social skills. Many people (namely America) aren't getting nearly enough exercise and just sit infront of the tv and play games with a bag of Cheetos. Others, while they may exercise, they still aren't communicating with others. They have troubles speaking with the opposite sex and in many cases say stupid stuff infront of friends (me), if they weren't introduced to games at such a young age, they probably could have built those skills instead of getting addicted to a game(s).
Crime rates would drop, even if only by a little (GTA). Aswell as Suicide rates decreasing (W.o.W). Many parents are failing to take responsibility and constantly paying for online fees. For others, its interfearing with education and some are skipping many days to "own when Halo 3 comes out" (reference to past experiences) and some have dropped out of school entirely.

Games/Gaming helps the world but destroys it's youth at the same time. I'm contradicting myself by saying this but even though I love games, I'm sideing with a world without games. Whats your say in the matter?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/has30pkk
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male
Number of posts : 3059
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Health:
A World Without Gaming Left_bar_bleue100/100A World Without Gaming Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Gaming   A World Without Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:30 pm

some of my best friends I have made while playing games, my education has not been affected cause (when I was still in public school) I focused and learned so I could play games in the summer instead of summer school. Obesity, I have adjusted my diet to suit my activates. and without gaming, what the hell am I supposed to do?

and gaming is an art form.
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male
Number of posts : 4861
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Character sheet
Health:
A World Without Gaming Left_bar_bleue1/1A World Without Gaming Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name: Valentine
Race: Demon

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Gaming   A World Without Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Azure Flame wrote:
just sit infront of the tv and play games with a bag of Cheetos.
Lol, not just any cheetos... flamin hot PUFFS!! ;0

But, on topic now... gaming does help and destroy at the same time. Most kids do not understand the balance that is needed. I believe you guys have heard about the Korean (I think, either that, or a Chinese) kid who died because he gamed too much, literally. He did not eat, sleep because he was so addicted to WoW. It takes one idiot to ruin it for the rest of us, cuz now parents are saying how games is bad.

Well, everything is a double edge blade. Gaming is good because it keeps your kid busy as well as safe from the streets. Although I have know a few people who games and smokes and drink and do drugs.... but they aren't bad-bad per say as to rob, they have morals, they just smoke too much for their own good .___." But, bored kids will do their best in keeping themselves from boredom, and that could lead to many things. We've already seen in Jackass... those guys are bored as fuck, and what are they doing? They are harming their bodies for amusement in themselves and in others. Personally, I don't find it funny to see golf balls being aimed at the groin area. That shit hurts (and before you go questioning me, being hit by a golf ball at such a short distance with that much force would hurt in ANY place).

It's also bad because of games like GTA and some other games that makes the player the "bad" guys. I've heard about kids doing bank robberies and I've also seen it on CSI (which some are based off of some real cases). I'm not really for or against gaming, but I rather have gaming than not having it. I'm not obese, and I'm not gonna get taken by the bad influence in some games... some parents just needs to work a little better in their parenting skills and make their kids understand that gaming violence does not mean you have to be violent in real life. In fact, you shouldn't walk up to someone and punch them, or stab someone in the back while wearing a white robe.

It's stupid to ban some of the games they were trying to ban. Some of us need the violence to get rid of the stress we have from normal life, but some of them should not be exposed to it because they may act upon it. It's the call of the judgment of the child and the parent. I don't know where the fuck I am going with this, so I'm not gonna bother with a conclusion. I lost my train of thoughts when I typed like half the post last night ><
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/art-f3/lcd-production-t1724
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male
Number of posts : 3059
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Health:
A World Without Gaming Left_bar_bleue100/100A World Without Gaming Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Gaming   A World Without Gaming Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:28 pm

the WoW case sounds more like bad parenting mixed with bad judgment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A World Without Gaming   A World Without Gaming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A World Without Gaming
Page 1 of 1