B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

you heard me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Claus
RP Team
RP Team
Claus

Male
Number of posts : 3596
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
you heard me Left_bar_bleue100/100you heard me Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: Claus
Race: Other

you heard me Empty
PostSubject: you heard me   you heard me Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:01 pm

WII FUCKIN SUCKS!!
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male
Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2009-10-03

you heard me Empty
PostSubject: Re: you heard me   you heard me Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Dunno if this'll stay here or go to Gaming, but oh well. I admit, the Wii really is lacking solid titles.
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male
Number of posts : 2658

you heard me Empty
PostSubject: Re: you heard me   you heard me Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:25 pm

The Wii was never designed to be a standing system such as the PS3 and 360. It has never and will never appeal to hardcore gamers. (Smash, NMH, and TP were the closest they've gotten). The main problem is the lack of a proper controller. Nintendo wants to try new things, hense the sensor bar, Wii fit, Wiimotion Plus, and others. Nintendo wishes not to appeal to hardcore, but rather casual, family, and child gamers. I'm not supprised you posted in such a manner but atleast state your reason for hateing it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/has30pkk
Claus
RP Team
RP Team
Claus

Male
Number of posts : 3596

Character sheet
Health:
you heard me Left_bar_bleue100/100you heard me Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: Claus
Race: Other

you heard me Empty
PostSubject: Re: you heard me   you heard me Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Azure Flame wrote:
The Wii was never designed to be a standing system such as the PS3 and 360. It has never and will never appeal to hardcore gamers. (Smash, NMH, and TP were the closest they've gotten).
TC and COD:MWR is close also

The main problem is the lack of a proper controller. Nintendo wants to try new things, hense the sensor bar, Wii fit, Wiimotion Plus, and others.
true, true

Nintendo wishes not to appeal to hardcore, but rather casual, family, and child gamers.
hmm.. well Nintendo should know there are some hardcore wii gamers (me) out there that would love to see some on their home console

I'm not supprised you posted in such a manner but atleast state your reason for hateing it?
I've been finally waiting for such a day, I'll try my best to post here

Firstly, I would like to say, wii sucks.
Why? Well, here I go.

Graphics
Before I go deep into graphics, I would like to state that wii uses ATI "Hollywood" as it's graphics card. Hollywood is only clocked as high at 243MHz CPU speed, whilst Xbox 360s ATI Xenon is clocked at 500 MHz and PS3 is clocked at 550 MHz. That means 360s and PS3s can render twice as much faster and clearer, and pretty much better, than wii. That's why developers are having a hard time developing games for wii. When they look at games, they look at awesome graphics. With a graphic's card like ATI Hollywood, which controls Wii's I/O function, WiiConnect24, which is based on GameCube's GPU WHICH IS only 50% lower than Wii's GPU, developer's kind of have to run to Xbox 360/PS3 for the needs.

Out of that nerd talk, an example of a game would be, Call of Duty 4. When it released 2 years ago, it only released to HD home consoles and PC, excluding Wii. Last month, they finally released a port for the wii, but they had graphical problems. They had to reduce the graphics due to Wii's graphic chip lacking enough power. Heck, my 4 year old computer has a better graphics card (I think).

Memory
When I got Wii, the first thing I thought was "wtf is blocks". Then I found out that it's memory stored on the wii, AKA NAND, or RAM. So I thought, "hey, wii got's like, 2000 blocks, I have loads of space!!!". Couple WiiWare/VC games downloaded, blocks got down fast. When I created a brawl save file, fuckin 123 blocks. FOR A FUCKIN SAVE FILE. True, the save file is used to save videos and images, but that's kind of too much. When I backed up my NAND, I found out the wii's memory can hold only 512MB. I was fucking surprised 0.0

Actually, if I do say so myself, I don't know how much it is. I found on the GameSpot forums, the wii can only hold approximately 100-200MB (some guy said a 1gb SD Card can hold 7400 blocks). So maybe that's why wii games never has downloadable content. :/

EDIT: Wikipedia says it has 88MB of storage, but I honestly don't believe that.

WiiConnect24 and Online
I hate how Nintendo uses WiiConnect24 and Online modes. Firstly, Wii doesn't have a huge online service like 360 has Xbox Live and PS3 has PlayStation Network. They have to have the online system "built into the game", while other developers can just use Xbox Live/PSN for online communication. Secondly, they always have to force update you. Yes, I'm a wii hacker, that means some games would force me to update my wii. Well, sometimes their updates would crash in the middle of updating, hackable or not. And usually they're updates sucks, they just use some excuse that normal parent's wouldn't know/care, but really they're just stopping the hackers. 4.2 update have bricked some of my friends wii, even one with OFW (don't ask me how).

EDIT: Oh, and also, Wii uses Friend Codes. Worst... Idea.... EVER. I mean, new friend code for EVERY game, while you can just use 1 account for every game, but nintendo is too STUPID to implement it.

Controller
Fortunately, like Xbox 360 and early PS3s, Wii can emulate Predecessor games. The only shit is, that you have to buy a GC controller for it, while 360 and PS3 can use the controller that came with the console. That's because Wii's controller... kinda sucks.

Firstly, a wii remote + nunchuk is a bad controller mix. Firstly, they're sold seperately, one which is 40-50 bucks, and another that is 20-30 bucks, which means the bundle is 60-80 bucks, more than the 360 and PS3 controller. Second, more buttons have been removed from the controller, compared to the GC controller. That means if the controller were to be held sideways, it would have the same amount of buttons as an NES Controller, which means less amount of buttons, less amount of controls you can do in a game.

Classic Controller would be the best Wii-exclusive controller out there. It has nearly the same amount of controls as a PS3 controller (with the exception of L2 and R2), which means more games could be compatible with it. Only flaw is that it's wired.

IMO, Classic Controller should've been the original controller for the wii. For exercise, or moving around games only, that's when you should get the wiimote + nunchuk bundle. Other than that, Wii would've appealed developers better if Classic Controller was the default controller.
I guess games like GTA 4 would've been on the wii, if it weren't for the controller. I mean they did it for DS, right? If Wii didn't have that motion sensor shit, and had the Classic Controller, then we would've got somewhere. But instead Nintendo had to be buttheads and use Wiimote + NunChuk.

FPS games would also work better with CC. COD:MWR could've had excellent co-op if one uses wiimote+nunchuk and other use CC. It would have split screen like Water Warfare. Well, I'm done with controllers for now.

Main Menu
This is just a little rant on the main menu. The Wii Main Menu doesn't really have lots to do compared to 360s and Ps3's.

All Wii has to do in the Main Menu is load Channels, change settings, and check mail. I mean, compared to PS3 and Xbox 360, that's to... little. I can't get into what PS3 and 360 has because they're loaded, but all I can say is that Wii's Menu is very limited.

Conclusion
Nintendo. Fuck you, and have a nice day Wink
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male
Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2009-10-03

you heard me Empty
PostSubject: Re: you heard me   you heard me Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:57 pm

We're talking about hardcore games on the Wii and we leave out MadWorld, which got banned in Germany when the very first trailer was released? Just saying, that game was badass hardcore. And I know this probably doesn't count since it's a shooter, but House of the Dead: Overkill was sure as Hell not for kiddies and children.

I agree with some of your guys points and I honestly admit I haven't touched my Wii in a long time (no pun intended). I just can't find that many games for it. I wanted to play Dead Space Extraction and RE: Darkside Chronicles, but I don't think people care for shooters on the Wii that much. I like them, though. I think they're good. Arcade style.
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male
Number of posts : 2658

you heard me Empty
PostSubject: Re: you heard me   you heard me Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:19 am

Thanks Claus for the explanation.
I won't dissagree but simply comment.
Your graphics section, as I said before, lots of hardcore games look for good graphics, Which Nintendo hates.

Your Memory section: I haven't had a problem with memory. Especially since most games only take a couple blocks (literally). I have tons of Wii Games save data and 7 VC game save data as well as the free channels. I'm still doing fine on memory.

Your area about updates. Those arn't an issue at all. I have a full blown hacked 4.2 Wii. With game updates, if you run the game through Gecko, you don't need to update. I don't see how your friends got their Wiis bricked at all.

Controller, it sucks and is overpriced we know. And once again, it doesn't appeal to the hardcore audience.

Main Menu, Its boreing we know. I'm trying to hack it and get a different theme with SoftMii (Youtube or google). But I can't find a download :S
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/has30pkk
Sponsored content

you heard me Empty
PostSubject: Re: you heard me   you heard me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

you heard me
Page 1 of 1