B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty

Go down 
+2
R&R
Alucard009
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male
Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:52 pm

This is a sort of rant I've had for a while now, and I just wanted to get this out, because the more and more I read some reviews, it just seems that today's generation of gamers and reviewers are just too picky about difficult games.

To me, a game that is difficult but poses a fair challenge is a good game. To today's players, any game that requires you to use your own aiming skills, learn to do more than button mash, or have a decent skill at dodging enemy attacks is considered too difficult. Many times I have read reviews for good games that are trashed by reviewers who consider it too difficult when many people I know can play them without problems.

Meanwhile, some games that have extreme difficulty as the selling point like Ninja Gaiden are praised by reviewers and gamers for being hard. It seems like the only way you can get a good review for a tough game is if you say you made it difficult on purpose and make it the selling point. I hardly think that entering a room of enemies only to die 10 seconds after the battle starts due to cheap juggling and unavoidable attacks qualifies as "hard", but most people consider this a great game while other difficult games are shunned for being too hard when they're easier than the ever so precious Ninja Gaiden series.

I also note that trying to get a new generation player to play an oldschool game will most likely end up with whining and complaining since old games where made to challenge people's playing skills. If the game doesn't hand itself to the player, they won't like it. That seems to be the theory.

Anyways, I just wanted to let off some steam on the situation. We didn't spend years playing the games that were tough and doing some of the biggest feats in video game history to want developers making games that are too easy for our precious "mainstream" audience.

Now if you'll excuse me, I want to play Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond, which is shunned for being difficult when it's a very balanced and fun shooter. All you new age people who think videogames are meant to be nice can play on the perfectly named easy mode "Wussy" while I play on "Damn this is Hard"
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male
Number of posts : 3059
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Health:
Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Left_bar_bleue100/100Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 am

all in favor of giving an Amen, say "I"
Back to top Go down
Karasu
Casual
Casual
Karasu

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:48 pm

You should start a blog.

And I play naruto games Very Happy

It was really hard to beat Pein cuz of the difficulty, but I enjoyed it far more. If he'd been easy, there wouldn't really have been a point and he wouldn't have lived up to the series. So I enjoyed it more Razz
Back to top Go down
Raiden
Casual
Casual
Raiden

Male
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Character sheet
Health:
Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Left_bar_bleue100/100Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Karasu wrote:
You should start a blog.

It was really hard to beat Pein cuz of the difficulty, but I enjoyed it far more. If he'd been easy, there wouldn't really have been a point and he wouldn't have lived up to the series. So I enjoyed it more Razz

i immediately dislike you.
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:15 pm

it isn't immediate if started a month ago.
Back to top Go down
Karasu
Casual
Casual
Karasu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Raiden wrote:
Karasu wrote:
You should start a blog.

I import them from Japan Razz

And that's just uncalled for. You shouldn't be so quick to judge.
Back to top Go down
Raiden
Casual
Casual
Raiden

Male
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:43 am

Karasu wrote:
Raiden wrote:
Karasu wrote:
You should start a blog.

I import them from Japan Razz

And that's just uncalled for. You shouldn't be so quick to judge.

i dislike you further
Back to top Go down
Karasu
Casual
Casual
Karasu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Well I find you to be boring, so I really don't care about your opinion. I only like interesting people.
Back to top Go down
Claus
RP Team
RP Team
Claus

Male
Number of posts : 3596
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: Claus
Race: Other

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Super Mario Bros and Pacman is the hardest games to date
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:20 pm

I spy some one who hasn't played ninja Gaiden black.
Back to top Go down
Claus
RP Team
RP Team
Claus

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:51 pm

I spy someone who played that game and found it easy
yeah, I'm looking at the mirror
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:20 pm

easy? that is funny, it was one of the hardest games I ever played, and that was on easy.
Back to top Go down
EndlessBlade
Members
Members
EndlessBlade

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: Phoenix Wright

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:22 pm

All old games aren't hard to me Contra, Ninja Gaiden III, SMB3, Mega Man series, SF....they were pretty easy. Only one I would whine about is Ninja Gaiden III. But I beat it, so I was all "YESH!". Yeah, I used to whine. Not anymore.
Back to top Go down
Claus
RP Team
RP Team
Claus

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 pm

R&R wrote:
easy? that is funny, it was one of the hardest games I ever played, and that was on easy.
you play wii, you ain't a real gamer
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:47 pm

I only played metroied prime 3 and some red steel, I play Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Claus
RP Team
RP Team
Claus

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:48 pm

R&R wrote:
I only played metroied prime 3 and some red steel, I play Xbox.
HA xbox is even worse PS3 is where the hardcore real games and gamers are
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:10 pm

I want one. and Xbox has most of the games PS3 has and more that were made exclusive thru money.
Back to top Go down
EndlessBlade
Members
Members
EndlessBlade

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: Phoenix Wright

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:15 pm

I hate XBOX. I just hate the concept of paying to get online.
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:34 pm

they have to pay for exclusives and needless advertising some how.
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:57 pm

On topic, gents. This isn't Spam or Debate.
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 pm

awe, it is to difficult to stay on topic, make it easier.
Back to top Go down
Claus
RP Team
RP Team
Claus

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:31 pm

actually, PC has the best exclusives. PS3 comes second, because of Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 and GOW and Socom. Xbox comes last, with Halo and GOW
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Claus wrote:
actually, PC has the best exclusives. PS3 comes second, because of Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 and GOW and Socom. Xbox comes last, with Halo and GOW

ugh. no PS3 comes in first cause of the ability to play PC games, including halo..
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:21 pm

ON TOPIC, GENTS. Argue about that in the Debate section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty   Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Today's Generation Whines Too Much About Difficulty
Page 1 of 1