B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fighting Games

Go down 
+3
Frusciante
Kazuo Kiriyama
Alucard009
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male
Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Recently I've found myself playing quite a few fighting games. What are some of you guy's favorite fighting games?

I'm playing:

Marvel VS. Capcom 2 (Awesome)
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum (Screw you, Mizuchi!)
King of Fighters XI (Sweet)
Street Fighter 2 (The classic)
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition (An improvement on a classic)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Seriously, enough Street Fighter 2 incarnations. Make the next one already!)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX (Go back to SNK, people who programmed Final Boss Bison!)
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male
Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Why haven't you put Smash Bros, TvC, and Street Fighter 4 on there?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/has30pkk
Frusciante
Admin
Admin
Frusciante

Male
Number of posts : 4553

Character sheet
Health:
Fighting Games Left_bar_bleue100/100Fighting Games Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: Blaze
Race: Human

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Play DBZ Raging Blast its awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Haha, I knew you were going to criticize me for not putting Brawl on there. My copy was a first release disc and doesn't work, I don't own Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and I don't have Street Fighter IV. Even if I had Brawl, I don't have anyone to play with. I play all these games myself.

And Blaze, Red Rings, remember?
Back to top Go down
Frusciante
Admin
Admin
Frusciante

Male
Number of posts : 4553

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: Blaze

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Its on PS3 and 360
but i got you try it out when its fixed though! =D
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 pm

I've played it. I'm a Ken player who is picking up Vega. When Super Street Fighter IV comes out, I'm gonna use Dee Jay since I'm picking him up in Alpha 3
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Alucard009 wrote:
Even if I had Brawl, I don't have anyone to play with. I play all these games myself.
Who said you had to play it with someone else?
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male
Number of posts : 924

Character sheet
Health:
Fighting Games Left_bar_bleue0/0Fighting Games Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:03 am

Yeah! Comrade play with himself all the ti-.....
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:20 am

The point being that I feel it's less fun when I play it by myself.

Anyways, right now I'm playing Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. Really fun game where you have characters from SNK games like Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, World Heroes, and Samurai Showdown all thrown into one game. The character roster is pretty large, and the characters are all interesting to use. My team is Marco from Metal Slug and Rock Howard from Garou: Mark of the Wolves.
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 am

Its boring playing by yourself? Then how is Brawl different from your street fighter games?
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male
Number of posts : 3059
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:54 pm

soul caliber, III was best. IV is okay, worse than III but has more bling to it. would suck if it had no online play.
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:18 pm

...Soul, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop trying to argue with me. I didn't say it was boring by myself; don't try to put words in my mouth. My point is at least with the other games I can learn new things and such since they have much more depth than Brawl does, and even alone I can at least have some fun. To me, I repeat, TO ME, Brawl isn't very fun alone. The other Super Smash Bros. were games you played with other people, so is this one.

Another game I've been playing is Marvel VS. Capcom 2. This is the classic I think a lot of people have played. Several Marvel and Capcom superstars duke it out to save the world and such. The character roster is huge, and I've started liking some characters I didn't know about before until this game. My team is Jill, Ken, and it switches between BB Hood, Felicia, Dan, and Cammy.
Back to top Go down
Ein
Casual
Casual
Ein

Female
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Character sheet
Health:
Fighting Games Left_bar_bleue2009/2009Fighting Games Empty_bar_bleue  (2009/2009)
Character Name: Ein

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:04 pm

SC II
T.vs.C
SF4
SF:Third strike
Guilty Gear Accent core
Brawl
Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Alucard009 wrote:
The point being that I feel it's less fun when I play it by myself.
Less fun / Boreing = Same thing.

Also, I find it amusing how you say brawl and other smash games are meant to be played with others but you haven't said your games arent, thus you've still explained no difference other than playstyles. Also, fyi, with techs and analyzing the way the game plays, smash bros is more in-depth than other games such as Street fighter where its just a matter of memorizing combos.
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Look, will you stop being a fanboy? Less fun and boring are NOT the same. Less fun means it's not as good, boring means it's not fun at all. And again, I didn't use the word boring, so stop trying to use a word you put in my mouth.

I'm not going to argue. I don't have Brawl, I don't play it, that's it.

By with others I mean it's because Smash Bros. series supports 4 players while these games don't. It's more fun having 4 people duke it out in the same room. My games I admit are meant to be played with others, but at least I get more entertainment out of them than playing Brawl by myself.

Next, I know a lot of people who would flame you for saying Brawl has more depth than Street Fighter, but the point is I'm not playing just Street Fighter. I'm playing a lot of fighting games, just some of them happen to be Street Fighter games. I can argue a lot about depth, but I'm not going to.

Soul, just stop. I'm just someone who doesn't play Brawl. That's it.
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male
Number of posts : 3059
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 am

Azure, quit spamming. boring and less fun aren't the same, think of the meaning of less and you'll see that.
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:11 am

Alucard009 wrote:
By with others I mean it's because Smash Bros. series supports 4 players while these games don't. It's more fun having 4 people duke it out in the same room.
Don't ever say shit like that again. You don't play Smash. 4 players is bullshit.

R&R wrote:
Azure, quit spamming
How is asking why he doesn't have two games on the list in the first post spamming?

Last edited by Soul on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:36 am

You're telling me I'm talking s***? Now who's being opinionated?
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:51 am

Actually yes, you don't play smash, until you get into smash, you can say shit about 4 player fighting games. Fps, sure, MMOs, sure. But when you get into side scrolling fighting games like Smash, you realize 4 players isn't a very good idea. Street Fighter doesn't have 4 players so I don't expect you to know this stuff.

Anyway, back to topic. Marvel vs. Capcom is the one with fast paced combos all over the place right? If you enjoy that I would recommend TvC. It's roughly the same with the switching characters mid battle and all sorts of combos and what not.
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 pm

I used to be into Brawl. I had a copy, but it doesn't work anymore. I like having 4 person battles, because that's what you're going to get when you go to Cons. I like it because it's frantic. And some games I've played like Guilty Gear Isuka have 4 person battles, so I know what I'm talking about. Now let's drop it.

I'd get into Tatsunoko VS. Capcom, but I'm not sure if I can adapt to using the Gamecube controller for fighting games again. The large A button kinda makes it difficult when all the other buttons are a tad smaller since I'm used to equally sized buttons.
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:47 pm

Actually you don't need a Gamecube controller for it, you can use the Wiimote-nunchuck setup I believe. There's an interesting phrase I read a little while ago: "If it was meant to be played with a Gamecube controller the game would have been made for Gamecube" lol.
Back to top Go down
Claus
RP Team
RP Team
Claus

Male
Number of posts : 3596

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: Claus
Race: Other

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Brawl sucks, don't go back to it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fighting Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Games   Fighting Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighting Games
Page 1 of 1