B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Allow the use of minor bad words.

Go down 
+6
Heavy Confusion
Frusciante
Claus
Sniper308
Tiduseya
Kebin
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kebin
RP Team
RP Team

Female
Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Character sheet
Health:
Allow the use of minor bad words. Left_bar_bleue100/100Allow the use of minor bad words. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: Kebin Post
Race: Zombie

Allow the use of minor bad words. Empty
PostSubject: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:13 pm

****, shit, damn, and ***** should be acceptable. As long as it's not to offend someone..
Say I mess something up, and say damn.
I don't see anything wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
Allow the use of minor bad words. Left_bar_bleue0/0Allow the use of minor bad words. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:52 pm

I'd have to disagree. I can understand where your coming from, but you're given time to post replies and all Curses can be easily replaced with kinder words. Even if you are not saying any of those words to offend anyone, the words themselves can be offensive to a person who reads them.
Back to top Go down
Kebin
RP Team
RP Team

Female

Character sheet
Health:
Allow the use of minor bad words. Left_bar_bleue100/100Allow the use of minor bad words. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:28 pm

I don't see how anyone can be offended by something not directed at them. If it does offend them, Grow up.
Back to top Go down
Sniper308
RP Team
RP Team
Sniper308

Other / Decline to state
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Character sheet
Health:
Allow the use of minor bad words. Left_bar_bleue5480/5480Allow the use of minor bad words. Empty_bar_bleue  (5480/5480)
Character Name: Spectar Barsaud

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Maybe there might be little kids or younger people here?
Back to top Go down
Kebin
RP Team
RP Team

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:30 pm

They're not even supposed to be here.
They either grow up, or leave.
Back to top Go down
Claus
RP Team
RP Team
Claus

Male
Number of posts : 3596

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: Claus
Race: Other

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Kebin wrote:
They're not even supposed to be here.
They either grow up, or leave.
For once, I actually agree with you
This forum is Teen-only, aint it?
Teens should be old enough to know what they are saying
Back to top Go down
Kebin
RP Team
RP Team

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:16 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Frusciante
Admin
Admin
Frusciante

Male
Number of posts : 4553

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:18 pm

i actually agree they people under the age of 13 shoudlnt be here in the first place thats why we will ban those who are younger than that age but it can be replaced with kinder words no need to use those words
EDIT: Damn is'nt cursing or is it censored either you can use Damn if you mess up
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com
Kebin
RP Team
RP Team

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:15 pm

shit isn't etiher.
I'm gonna assume I can use that too.
Back to top Go down
Frusciante
Admin
Admin
Frusciante

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:26 pm

Kebin wrote:
shit isn't etiher.
I'm gonna assume I can use that too.
yes, you can, as you said though it can not be used offensively
Back to top Go down
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male
Number of posts : 3500
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: 卍卐

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:48 pm

Wait...but an *** is a donkey...Shouldn't we be allowed to use that one too?
Back to top Go down
Frusciante
Admin
Admin
Frusciante

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:02 pm

SlashDuffIzzy wrote:
no a jackass is right?
Back to top Go down
Cam-Cam SF5
Casual
Casual
Cam-Cam SF5

Male
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:08 pm

you know shit is censored on daytime television and i hate that word there realy isnt any different from crap only crap isnt a cuss word
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/moslandere/
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Blaze [KF] wrote:
SlashDuffIzzy wrote:
no a jackass is right?
Lol true I guess. Some people just use *** though
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Allow the use of minor bad words. Left_bar_bleue0/0Allow the use of minor bad words. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:30 pm

Personally, I don't think we should be trying to make Blaze allow certain words. He's set up the rules and we should respect those regulations. Like I said before, I understand where you're coming from Kebin but cursing is pointless. Many people say that you can use curse words to show emphasis but using foul language seems immature in many instances. Can you understand where I'm coming from on this?
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male
Number of posts : 2658

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:52 pm

Agreed comrade. Blaze makes the rules, the admins, mods, and users follow said rules. When language comes into play there are many directions for it to go. Many users use it mostly for emphasis on their feelings and/or opinions. Others use it simply to vent their anger, which can also eventually leads to immaturity. The rules state nothing that can't be said on daytime television. Those words include: (PM me if you want a list, educational purposes only!) I would recommend none of these words nor the words that can be said on daytime television be said. It just makes the forum a cleaner, nicer place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/has30pkk
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:27 pm

The thing is though, they are just words. On the internet even. If words that someone you don't even know on the internet says offends you, then thats just sad. I can respect the fact that Blaze did set up these rules in trying to keep it a nicer place, but it dosen't really do anything. In my opinion, if we are trying to get rid of the curse words, then instead of using *s to cover it up, why not just use spaces?
Back to top Go down
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Well, putting spaces in between letters just makes it lack potential. D o i n g t h i s k i n d o f t h i n g i s a t a d......s a d. You have time to post so why not simply check for curse words and not worry about it?
Back to top Go down
Kazuo Kiriyama
Admin
Admin
Kazuo Kiriyama

Male
Number of posts : 2658

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Actually, I think what Slash means is instead of seeing stuff like this: ****, you see stuff like this: ______, but actual spaces instead of the underscores (example), get it? But yeah your right, anyone can take the time to go back and change their wording to be a bit "cleaner"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/has30pkk
Cam-Cam SF5
Casual
Casual
Cam-Cam SF5

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:00 am

Ya the use of cursing is immature and without it this would be a nicer place and we wouldnt have to ban people under 13
Back to top Go down
Kebin
RP Team
RP Team

Female

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:14 pm

I'm all for banning the people under 13.
Back to top Go down
Cam-Cam SF5
Casual
Casual
Cam-Cam SF5

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:09 pm

just because of some people on this forum that make it inappropriate for them to read
Back to top Go down
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Kebin wrote:
Lmao same.

I can understand wanting a cleaner place, but these are just words...
Back to top Go down
Deux[BDG]
RP Team
RP Team
Deux[BDG]

Male
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: Deus Ex Angelo

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:47 pm

SlashDuffIzzy wrote:
Kebin wrote:
Lmao same.

with deragatory meanings?
No offense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.battledragongargonis.deviantart.com
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:51 pm

Deux[BDG] wrote:
SlashDuffIzzy wrote:
Kebin wrote:
Lmao same.

with deragatory meanings?
No offense.
Don't even worry about offending me.

But they only have "deragatory" meanings, because some person decided that they were bad. Basically, if it were that way, then I now officially declare "Hello" as an extremely offensive word and can hurt little children who shouldn't even be here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allow the use of minor bad words.   Allow the use of minor bad words. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allow the use of minor bad words.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next