B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Health Care

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male
Number of posts : 3500
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Character sheet
Health:
Health Care Left_bar_bleue100/100Health Care Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name: 卍卐
Race: Other

Health Care Empty
PostSubject: Health Care   Health Care Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:46 pm

Begin the debate.
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com
Scott
RP Team
RP Team
Scott

Male
Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: Cpl. Scott F. Kilpatrick
Race: Human

Health Care Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Care   Health Care Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:01 pm

No, I'm not saying this because I'm Canadian, but from the looks of it, Canada has the best health care.

Wikipedia wrote:
The federal government of Lester B. Pearson, pressured by the New Democratic Party (NDP) who held the balance of power, introduced the Medical Care Act in 1966 that extended the HIDS Act cost-sharing to allow each province to establish a universal health care plan. It also set up the Medicare system. In 1984, the Canada Health Act was passed, which prohibited user fees and extra billing by doctors. In 1999, the prime minister and most premiers reaffirmed in the Social Union Framework Agreement that they are committed to health care that has "comprehensiveness, universality, portability, public administration and accessibility."[26] The Canadian system is for the most part publicly funded, yet most of the services are provided by private enterprises, private corporations. Most of all doctors do not receive an annual salary, but receive a fee per visit or service. About 30% of Canadians' health care is paid for through the private sector. This mostly goes towards services not covered or only partially covered by Medicare such as prescription drugs, dentistry and optometry. Many Canadians have private health insurance, often through their employers, that cover these expenses. In Canada, some services are permitted and some are not. The Supreme Court of Quebec ruled, in Chaoulli v. Quebec, that private services must be allowed to compete with the public program,[27] thus opening the door to a dual system of private and public healthcare. Quebec has been the fastest to adopt this system and has the most private healthcare available of all the Canadian provinces.

Not just because I looked at Wikipedia, but from what I've seen and heard.
Also, I cant post a huge thing because nobody has spoken yet.
Back to top Go down
Heavy Confusion
Admin
Admin
Heavy Confusion

Male
Number of posts : 3500
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name: 卍卐
Race: Other

Health Care Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Care   Health Care Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:04 pm

You're Canadian?! =D

I haven't really said anything because I don't really have an opinion on this subject :/
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com
Tiduseya
Casual
Casual

Male
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Character sheet
Health:
Health Care Left_bar_bleue0/0Health Care Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Name:
Race: Human

Health Care Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Care   Health Care Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:02 am

This topic is pretty bland.....sorry to say. I would start the debate, but there is no real reason to until each side is confirmed. Since Hunter brought up Canada's Health Care Benefits being the best among the Nations, I'll work with that. I can understand this because of Canada's funding regiment, the Wikipedia topic only touches lightly on it but with some Research you can see that it really is effective. I can't give a link because I'm doing this over my Wii but I challenge the other Debaters to do some research themselves....but don't just stick to one article or opinion, check out different angles to see the whole picture!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Health Care Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health Care   Health Care Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Health Care
Page 1 of 1