B.P. Gaming Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Heavy

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adventure Game

Go down 
+4
Kebin
R&R
Asakura
Alucard009
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male
Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:46 pm

This is one of the ideas I've had in my mind during my absence. This is basically like an old school text adventure game where you interact with objects based on the description of the place. There's different commands that do things and such. For a brief rundown of examples, go to this topic.

https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/general-rp-discussion-f29/adventure-game-style-rp-t2007.htm

First, Select your character. Both of them have different story progression and can do different things.

Terry
Blood Type: Cursed A+
Height: 5'11
Weight: 121
Attitude: Polite, fun loving, fights for what he thinks is right, comical, heroic
Strength: Moderate

The son of two heroes of their time, Terry was raised to be ready for the evils of the world. Trained in combat at an early age, he learned how to shoot guns, perform throws, and use items as improvised weapons to the point where he was small but stronger than anyone else in his schools. He shares his father's sense of justice and his mother's sick sense of humor, but he knows when to do the right thing. However, he follows his father example and dislikes killing people.

He inherited his mother's mysterious curse, but he isn't sure what's wrong with him.

Amy
Blood Type: C-
Height: 5'9
Weight: 125
Attitude: Eccentric, energetic, quick to assume things, violent, mean
Strength: Moderately Low

Terry's girlfriend who he met 5 years ago. She's a very energetic and crazy girl who loves to do strange things and likes getting into fights with people. Her speed and reflexes have made her a formidable foe despite her less than average strength, and she's incredibly acrobatic, being able to jump 4 feet high standing still plus being able to do flips and hand springs. Over the years she's become good friends with Terry and his parents, so she constantly visits his house.

Unlike Terry, she isn't hesitant to kill someone or do something extremely cruel. Her nice/mean personality changing made her get along very well with Terry's mother.

If more than one person participates and wants to do the other character, they there will be a split between things

{For Terry}

The badguy throws a punch
----------------------------------
{For Amy}

There's trouble in the port. What's going on?

Everyone's things are open. Everyone can participate and try to solve the puzzles and make decisions together.
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male
Number of posts : 4861
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Character sheet
Health:
Adventure Game Left_bar_bleue1/1Adventure Game Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name: Valentine
Race: Demon

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:36 am

Does this mean only two people can play this game? =/
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/art-f3/lcd-production-t1724
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 pm

No, everyone can participate. When someone's chosen a story, everyone works together to pitch in ideas for what the character should do and think of solutions for puzzles. If you chose Terry's story, then you play as him, but if someone chooses Amy's, they'll be playing her story, so you can have both stories going at the same time if you wish. You can still help the people playing the other story, though.

Does that make sense? For example, say Tiduseya wants Terry to Examine a Golden Yak Statue and you want Terry to Pick up the Pistol. Terry will examine the yak and then pick up the pistol. Everyone pitches in actions for the characters.
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:16 am

Uh, if it helps you pick a character, would you guys want to know their stories up to the part where you're put in control?

Terry

Terry was flying his ship over a blanket of clouds. The bright blue sky was all around him, and he felt very relaxed sitting in the pilot seat listening to some music. "Wow, dad has an outdated taste for guns, but he has a great preference for transportation! This ship feels like it shouldn't have been invented yet!" Messing around with all the complex screens and options on the ship, suddenly it starts shaking. "What? Turbulence? But I'm above the clouds..." In an instant, there is a brilliant flash of blinding white light and the ship begins to nosedive. "Vic, regain control!" He yelled as he attempted to monitor the ships damages. "Energy insufficient. Engine suddenly out of power." "Damn! Switch to manual control!"

Moments later, Terry crawls out of the ship's cockpit. He managed to just barely land on the shore of an island at a safe angle, but he was going so quickly and too focused on surviving he didn't see if the island was occupied. "Great. Dad's gonna kill me, and I'm lost." A loud bell is heard a distance away. Perhaps there was civilization nearby. With not many other options, Terry set off for the source of the sound...

Amy

"Ugh...what happened?" Amy said as she picked herself up from the ground. Around her she saw many bare trees that went on as far as the eye could see. "How did I get to this really crummy looking forest? This sucks! Terry!" Amy pulled out her cell phone and tried to call her boyfriend, but her cell phone had no reception. "Dammit, looks like I'm on my own. Gotta find some help or something." Above her, clouds threatening to storm down on her stirred in a circle. Amy walked quickly to find her way to someone when she eventually finds herself standing in front of a large mansion. It was three stories tall and painted dark green. There was an ominous aura about the place, but she was willing to go in.

"If this is a haunted house, then I'll be pissed and amazed at the same time!" With her strangely optimistic attitude, she looked at the mansion. Only a few lights were on, and the front door was wide open...
Back to top Go down
Asakura
Admin
Admin
Asakura

Male
Number of posts : 4861
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Character sheet
Health:
Adventure Game Left_bar_bleue1/1Adventure Game Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Character Name: Valentine
Race: Demon

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:45 am

-Didn't read the second post because I'm lazy at the moment-

Amy.
Back to top Go down
https://bpgamingplanet.forumotion.com/art-f3/lcd-production-t1724
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male
Number of posts : 3059
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Health:
Adventure Game Left_bar_bleue100/100Adventure Game Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Name:
Race: Human

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Terry
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:48 pm

{For Terry}

{I was just getting up from the crash. My father's ship was now in complete ruins. Great, I'm in trouble.

More importantly, though, I was lost. I didn't know where this island was, and I didn't have enough time to see where I was going when I was trying to land. I'm just glad I landed in a safe place. Unfortunately, I don't know if this place truly is safe. Did anyone even live here? Quickly my question was answered by a loud bell ringing from the jungle ahead of me. I don't know who I'll run into, but I'd better be careful; I lost some of my stuff in the crash.}

Starting items:

Knife
Pistol
Canteen
Cell Phone
Dollar Bills

{The area around me was quite small. There were waves from the ocean crashing onto the shore behind me. My ship was to my left, it's right wing torn up and the front completely flattened, and ahead of me there is a small trail that leads into the jungle-like woods.}

(If you need help figuring out what to interact with or what you can do, ask me and I'll highlight the objects for your convenience)

Possible actions

Walk to
Examine
Use
Talk to
Hit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{For Amy}

"Wow, inviting!"

{I looked in front of me. There was the large mansion, daring me to enter. It was three stories tall, quite long, painted dark green, and some of the windows were smashed. Lights were on every 3 windows, and there were hand rails on the steps that wrapped around the mansion. I was really eager to go up the front steps and enter! Wait, what happened to some of the stuff in my pockets? CRAP! Oh well, at least I have my claw! I run a hand through my hair and prepare myself to go in the front door.}

Starting items:
Claw
Cell Phone
Pennies

Possible actions:

Use
Walk to
Examine
Talk to
Hit

Objects you can interact with are highlighted green
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Examine phone.
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 pm

{For Terry}

Terry examines his phone

"I never saw the point in mixing an MP3 player with a cell phone. I like my cell phone. It's pretty outdated and can't take quality pictures, but it's got some great ringtones."
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:33 pm

use phone.
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:52 pm

{I dialed up the first number on my phone: The number for the game store. Unforunately, I was quickly met with a message telling me there was no reception.}

"Damn, I don't have any bars here. Ship's too badly damaged, so I can't use that either. Great..."
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:20 pm

go into jungle.
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:40 pm

{For Terry}

"Well, I've never been in a jungle before. I wonder if my dad has."

{I walked into the jungle. The thick foliage of all the trees and leaves made it quite shady. After walking for about a minute, I hear water. Quickly I rush down the way and find myself at river. It's about 20 feet across, and it's flowing pretty fast.}

Around the area, there are some rocks in the water that are barely sticking out, something that looks like a vine, and an old tree that looks ready to fall on the other side of the river.

"Hm...I'm up the river now. How do I get across this?"
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:41 am

pick up rocks and throw them at tree.
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:45 am

{For Terry}

{There weren't any rocks around me. Maybe I had another projectile.}

Inventory:

Knife
Pistol
Cell Phone
Dollar Bills
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 am

-examine pistol-
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:01 am

{For Terry}

"My trusty Glock. I had my dad custom make this one so it has semi-auto, burst, and full auto fire. It also has infinite ammo. I'm a good shot with it."
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:07 am

-cut down tree with glock∞-
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:22 am

{For Terry}

{I pulled out my Glock, set it on Full Auto, and shot a line through the tree. Soon it began to topple over.}

"(singing)I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay! I sleep all night and I work all..."

Just as the tree hit the water, it went down the river.

"Aw dammit! That's supposed to work!"

{As I pondered what to do next, it turns out that the attempt hadn't been entirely in vain. I heard the plants rustle and saw tribal girls on the other side of the river. The girls were wearing neat tribal clothing with beads and feathers, and they looked White. They looked at me and smiled to each other. Moments later, they pulled out a long bridge from behind the bushes and laid it down for me to cross.}

"I can cross?"

{The tribal girls did not reply}

"Well, do I have anything better to do?"
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:43 am

cross
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:58 am

{For Terry}

"Cross? What about it? Cross the BRIDGE? Oh, okay."

{I crossed the bridge and the tribal girls led me through the jungle. There was no path, but eventually I found myself looking at a village. There were straw and hay huts, three to be exact, on the left. A gourd was sitting next to the one closest to me. There were a few of the tribal girls standing hear the huts, and to the right there was more of the village. Ahead, there was a path leading into the jungle that seemed to stop at a mountain.}

"Oh wow, a tribe. That's a first. I hope they're friendly."

{Just as I said that, one of the tribal girls appears and presents a necklace to me. It's green and it has yellow feathers on it. I remember some of my father's advice}

"Now remember son, when you meet a tribe of people and you aren't aware of their customs, be careful on accepting objects they give to you."

Suddenly, I found myself quite thirsty. Was there any water in this place I could drink?
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:15 am

-go to gourd-
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:37 am

{For Terry}

{I went up to the gourd. It was about three feet tall and painted a glossy dark brown somehow.}
Back to top Go down
R&R
RP Team
RP Team
R&R

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Character Name:

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:45 am

-examine contents-
Back to top Go down
Alucard009
RP Team
RP Team
Alucard009

Male

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:15 am

{For Terry}

{I moved the gourd around a little. I heard water splashing around inside. Unfortunately, it was too heavy for me to lift.}

"Looking for water?"

{I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and saw a girl. She was dressed like the other tribal girls, but didn't look like she belonged with them.}

"Uh, yes, I'm looking for water."
"Here, follow me."

{She took off for the center of the village}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adventure Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Game   Adventure Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adventure Game
Page 1 of 24Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next